- About Us
- Local Government Consultation
- Queensland Methodology
- Transferring Allocations
Local Government Consultation
The Commission undertakes its individual council visits on a four yearly rotation basis to coincide with the four-year term of elected local government members.
The Commission has a number of objectives for visiting individual councils. These are to:
- provide a general overview of the Commission's role, the allocation of grants and its future plans
- provide an individual discussion of councils' general purpose and local roads grant outcomes for the current year
- highlight future impact on councils as a result of recent changes to the methodology for calculating the Financial Assistance Grant (FAG)
- hear from councils about significant issues affecting their areas.